Art Exhibits in the Moat
The Moat, on the Lower Level of Library Square, is available for art exhibitions by artists and community groups. A maximum of 45 pieces may be exhibited over a one-month period, and some conditions apply:
- The space is only suitable for mounted and framed art that will hang on the walls (both glass and painted walls).
- Informational displays and works that use descriptive text are not suitable for this space.
- Works that are irreplaceable or highly valued should not be displayed in this space.
- All signage must be translated into English.
- The Moat is accessible to the public from 6am to 10pm Monday to Saturday, and 10am to 6pm Sunday.
Booking the Moat for an art display does NOT grant the exhibitor exclusive use of the space.
The installation fee is $300 plus tax, due at least one week before the installation date. The fee covers administrative services associated with booking and includes the assistance of VPL staff to install the exhibit.
We require a separate damage deposit of $200, payable by cheque, VISA or MasterCard at time of booking. This deposit will be held until the show is over and the space has been inspected by VPL staff.