Suggest a Purchase: Guidelines
The Vancouver Public Library strives to build a balanced collection to serve the public. We appreciate your ideas and contributions. Suggestions are evaluated according to our Collection Development Policy.
We welcome suggestions for:
- Authors, titles, or subjects of interest to you that would also be of interest to others.
- Items of local interest, relating to Vancouver or British Columbia.
Please do not suggest:
- Items already available in the Library Catalogue
- Titles that are not yet published - notices are often issued months in advance.
- Current popular titles and best-selling authors. The library automatically purchases widely from current publishing. Please check the catalogue periodically.
- Out of print items. For older items, you may try Interlibrary Loans.
Suggestions for magazines will be retained for review on an annual basis. Commitments to ongoing subscriptions must be carefully considered for criteria such as contribution to a subject area, or local interest.